Port of Tacoma
Established in 1918, the Port of Tacoma is one of the largest container ports in North America and in the top 50 world wide. Located on a natural deep-water harbor in Tacoma, Washington, we are ideally located for trading throughout the Pacific Rim.
The Port of Tacoma features marine terminals, on-dock rail yards, cargo-handling equipment and warehousing.
Commitment to Environmental Regrowth
Throughout the Port area, over 400 acres of formerly contaminated property has been cleaned up to return to productive use. In addition, 80+ acres of habitat for fish and other wildlife has been restored and about 70 acres of open space has been preserved as a natural buffer between industrial activities and residential areas.
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Primary waterways: Blair and Sitcum, the Port resides in Commencement Bay, in South Puget Sound
- Depth: 51 feet (-15.5 meters) MLLW (mean lower low water); no dredging required
- Harbor: Commencement Bay, a natural, deep-water harbor averaging a depth of 600 feet (183 meters)
- Terminals and Acreage: 2,450 acres
- Berths: 31
- Container Cranes: 26
- Railroads served by: BNSF Railway, Union Pacific and Tacoma Rail (shortline service)
- Autos: Port of Tacoma is the port-of-entry for the automotive industry.
- Breakbulk & Bulk: Dedicated facilities make Tacoma the ideal location for handling breakbulk, heavy-lift and project cargoes.
- Containerized Cargo: 6 Container terminals, along with twice weekly sailings to Alaska, links Tacoma to the major load centers in Asia and the “Gateway to Alaska.”
- Distribution & Warehousing: Efficency and cost-effective handling is the core to the Port of Tacoma’s distribution and warehouse systems. With approximately 40 transload warehouse facilities within 20 minutes of Port Terminals, the Port of Tacoma has the capabilities to meet many needs.
- Rail & Intermodal: 4 on-dock and near-dock intermodal rail yards access populations throughout the United States.
The Golden Services Advantage
Moving internationally or within the United States, you may take advantage of Golden Services unique combination of Port, Logistics, Moving and Storage Services. We specialize in making your move easy. Golden has the tools and experience to take you through the entire moving process, from beginning to end.
Call today to learn more about how Golden Services can make your Port business easy. 1.888.853.2353. Or visit our Port Services webpage.
Additional Port of Tacoma Information
Use these links to learn more about the Port of Tacoma:
Port of Tacoma:
Distribution and Warehousing: