Port of Seattle
In the early 1900’s people quickly realized Seattle’s natural deep-water port was a strategic asset and resource that would facilitate trade routes throughout the world, establishing Seattle as an economic hub.
Today’s Port of Seattle continues to be a vital part of international trade, ranking in the top ten of the largest United States seaports and top twenty of the busiest air passenger and air cargo ports.
The Green Gateway
Since 2007, the Port of Seattle adopted the goal of becoming the cleanest, greenest, most energy efficient port in the nation. Building on existing programs, the Port is knows as “The Green Gateway.” Our Seaport is an industry leader, offering the lowest carbon footprint for the cargo shipped by sea and then rail from Asia to the Midwest. Both the Seaport and Seattle-Tacoma International Airport have received awards for their environmental efforts.
- Naturally deep water port
- 500+ acres of terminal facilities and 8000 feet of moorage
- 40 acre grain facility
- 16 ocean carriers with direct service to Asia, Europe, Latin America, Alaska, and Hawaii
- Super post panama cranes including 6 of the largest in North America
Air Cargo: Sea-Tac Airport
- Daily, non-stop service to 77 domestic and 17 international destinations
- Cargo area hardstand parking for 17 widebody aircraft
- Port-owned and third party developed cargo facilities can be used for most needs
- Onsite federal inspection services: US Customs and Border Patrol, US Fish & Wildlife, USDA, FDA, CDC, and TSA
- 24 hour operations with no curfews
The Golden Services Advantage
Moving internationally or within the United States, you may take advantage of Golden Services unique combination of Port, Logistics, Moving and Storage Services. We specialize in making your move easy. Golden has the tools and experience to take you through the entire moving process, from beginning to end.
Call today to learn more about how Golden Services can make your Port business easy. 1.888.853.2353. Or visit our Port Services webpage.
Additional Port of Seattle Information
Use these links to learn more about the Port of Seattle:
Port of Seattle:
Directions to Sea Cargo Terminals: